Brochures for summer events in Normandy are now out. I picked up two brochures this week; one was for Coutances and the other for Villedieu-les-Poêles.
Highlights in the Coutances area include:
- Guided tours of the upper parts of the cathedral in English every Tuesday afternoon at 4.30pm. They run from July 9th to August 27th and cost 8€ for adults. Booking essential.
- The 40th Marché Normand will take place on Saturday 13th July. The town is closed to traffic as classic cars, tractors and cows parade through the main street. There’s traditional dancing, a Normandy wedding and plenty of people dressed in traditional Normandy costumes.
- Zic sur le Zinc is a series of free music concerts. There are 9 events happening across the summer months.
- A 3 day family event in the elegant seaside town of Coutainville from 2nd – 4th August. Art, sports, food, music and fun for all the family is guaranteed at this free event.
There are also events specifically for children, firework displays, exhibitions, guided tours, walks and much more. The brochure is here giving full details of all the events.
In Villedieu and the surround area, events include:
- Free Tuesday evening music concerts in Villedieu in the main square (Place de la République)
- A tourist train which will run from 1st July to 31st August around Villedieu. It costs 3€ for adults and 2€ for children and you can hop on an off as it goes around the town in a loop.
- Pony rides for children on Friday afternoon in Villedieu. 2,50€ per child.
Guided tours and demonstrations at some of the artisan museums in Villedieu. These include the bell foundry, the copper museum and the lace museum.
The brochure with full details of the summer events taking place is here.
We spent 3 weeks creating the best online guide to Normandy on the web. It includes everything from a bucket list, must see attractions to the best places to eat and drink.
It covers Mont St Michel, Monet’s garden, the D Day beaches, wine tours and much more. .
It’s packed with our personal recommendations, maps and videos.
Please share my posts